Publications in peer-reviewed journals
1. X Liu, DG Shaw, T Bjørndal, M Heino (2021) The Day-to-day Supply Responses of a Limited-entry Mixed Fishery. Marine Resource Economics 36(1) . https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/10.1086/711384
2. X Liu, E Tvinnereim, K Grimsrud, H Lindhjem, HI Saure, LG Velle, H Lee (2020) Explaining landscape preference heterogeneity using machine learning-based survey analysis. Landscape Research. Doi: 10.1080/01426397.2020.1867713.
3. R Ruiz-Díaz, X Liu, A Aguión, G Macho, M deCastro, M Gesteira, E Ojea (2020) Social-ecological vulnerability to climate change in small-scale fisheries managed under spatial property rights systems. Marine Policy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2020.104192
4. E Tvinnereim, OM Lægreid, X Liu, D Shaw, C Borick, E Lachapelle (2020) Climate change risk perceptions and the problem of scale: evidence from crossnational survey experiments. Environmental Politics, 1-21.
5. X Liu, M Heino (2019) Evaluating effort regulation in mixed fisheries: a Monto Carlo approach. ICES Journal of Marine Science 76 (7), 2114-2124.
6. Y Du, Y Ge, Y Ren, ..., X Liu,..., J Chang and RK Didham (2018) A global strategy to mitigate the environmental impact of China’s ruminant consumption boom. Nature communications 9 (1), 4133
7. P Sun, X Liu, Y Tang, W Cheng, R Sun, X Wang, R Wan, M Heino (2017). The bio-economic effects of artificial reefs: mixed evidence from Shandong, China. ICES Journal of Marine Science 74 (8), 2239-2248.
8. E Tvinnereim, X Liu, EM Jamelske (2017) Public perceptions of air pollution and climate change: different manifestations, similar causes, and concerns. Climatic Change 140 (3-4), 399-412
9. X Liu, M Lindroos, L Sandal (2016) Sharing a fish stock when distribution and harvest costs are density dependent. Environmental and Resource Economics 63 (3), 665-686
10. X Liu, M Heino (2013) Comparing proactive and reactive management: managing a transboundary fish stock under changing environment. Natural Resource Modeling 26 (4), 480-504
11. X Liu, M Heino (2013) Overlooked biological and economic implications of within-season fishery dynamics. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 71 (2), 181-188
12. X Liu, GK Heilig, J Chen, M Heino (2007) Interactions between economic growth and environmental quality in Shenzhen, China's first special economic zone. Ecological Economics 62 (3-4), 559-570