Go to main content

G.M. Dannevig


RV "G.M. Dannevig" is stationed at our research station in Flødevigen outside Arendal. The vessel's area of operation is primarily along the Norwegian coast from Kristiansand to Halden, and in the Skakerrak/Kattegat/North Sea. 


"G.M. Dannevig" was originally named "Kystfangst" and owned by "Fiskeriteknologisk Forskningsinstitutt" (Institute of Fisheriy Technology Research). In 1985, the vessel was transferred to the Institute of Marine Research. At the same time, the name was changed to "G.M. Dannevig" to honor the founder of Flødevigen Research Station and aquaculture pioneer, Gunder Mathiesen Dannevig (1841–1911).

The vessel was lengthened and refurbished in 1986–87, in order to meet modern standards.